September 2, 2010

Down by the Seashore

This is the very first page that I've done about my trip to Sanibel last year. I fell in love with this little shelling island off the Gulf coast of Florida. It's an idyllic haven off the beaten path, just the kind of place I hope to retire to someday.
I love the mix of cool and warm colors in this Kaisercraft line. It was the perfect feel for telling my Sanibel seashell story. I added the cool resin seashell (Jolees) and teal bingo ticket (Jenni Bowlin) to complete the embellishments.
Included in my kit was this clear stamp image which I thought would be a good spot for journaling. As you can see, I am so not a stamper. The image is a little fuzzy but I kept it and hopefully it looks like a soft, chalky colored image on purpose. Ha!
And lastly, some pictures and a story about our recent family outing to the boardwalk. I really wanted to use this red star paper from Bo Bunny Press' Block Party line. The sunburst image was a little overwhelming for my photos, so I cut out a section and then placed a red Cosmo Cricket chipboard frame in the center. I think it adds interest to the page and ties together well with the theme.
And so there you have it, my four Work in Progress pages for the month of September. I think this whole designing thing is going to be a fun ride!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I ♥ your work. That Boardwalk page... AMAZING. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really take my breath away. That board walk page is seriously... CK HOF, MM Master worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy I adore your Boardwalk page! The red & yellow pop right off the page! Super!

    ReplyDelete