September 30, 2010

Work in Progress October

Here's a look at the very first page I sat down to do with the new Work in Progress October kit. There was something about the brown and red colors that I was immediately attracted to. The measurements reminded me of when Nico was little and I was constantly weighing him to see if he was thriving.

My poor little guy was a mere 4.5 pounds when he came home from the NICU. He was the tiniest 2 month old ever. I remember the nurses sending us home with this little chart so that we could mark his progress. I couldn't even put his 2 month old weight on it, because he was "off the chart". It actually took 17 more months to get him officially on that growth chart. Today he is firmly in the 40th percentile for weight and 70th for height - NORMAL! It was a proud milestone for us.

I've been playing with my Cricut lately and I used several cuts here. The arrows are all from the Accent Essentials cartridge and the circles were cut with the Cindy Loo cartridge. I love how they add texture and design to the page without overwhelming it.
Thanks so much for taking a peek! It's going to be a big day around here tomorrow. Look for an announcement and a very 'haunted' page.

1 comment: