November 30, 2010

Cosmo & Mickey

As you have probably already noticed, I love doing Disney layouts. I love the bright colors and the pictures from those vacations are some of my favorites. They show Nico at his happiest and these are the memories I like to document first.

The colors in this new Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 line inspired the theme this time. While it has an old fashioned look to it, the red, black and yellow color palette reminded me of Mickey and so I came up with this...

This page was made with the December WIP Kit.

I used corrugated paper for the base of the page to add texture and tone down the vintage look of the patterned paper. The twine was glued down in random loops using Zip Dry Paper Glue - it dries perfectly clear! This was a fun layout to make - I can't believe how little Nico looks in these pictures. I have a whole notebook full of Disney stories, so be prepared for more layouts!


And for variety, a simple card. I am so not a card maker - I think that's a whole other crafting skill. I have a hard time working on such a small canvas, so I kept it very clean using 3 strips of patterned paper and one chipboard embellishment. For texture, I folded the red paper into a ruffle and added some sewing.

My favorite part of the card is the coordinating envelope. I'm a total matchy-matchy girl so this is right up my alley. I love how the double-sided patterned paper gives me an instant envelope liner. I created both the card base and envelope using the Wild Card Cricut cartridge.

I'll have two more Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 pages up tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I never would have thought of using this paper on a Disney layout, but it couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aboslutely love this LO Nancy!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I saw your sneak, I've been waiting!! Awesome awesome as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECT LO..we have tons of pics from our recent trip to Disney and I just love this one!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout...thanks for sharing!! I need (& want!!) to get started working on some of our Disney pages but have made a deal with myself that I "must" finish DS's 1st year album BEFORE I start another big project...maybe after the holidays I'll be able to get back on track...wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete