September 13, 2011

A Final Goodbye

Usually by this time in September, I'm ready to pack up the flip flops and sink into some cozy sweaters. Although it's getting cooler and I can feel Fall in the air, I'm really going to miss summer. I've put away the shorts, but I'm still digging into my pile of summer photos + memories.

I love these pictures of my son and his cousins swimming, jumping and mugging for the camera. I knew I had to document their favorite place to hang out this summer.

This layout is copyright twopeasinabucket.com
I love the bright colors in the Splash line by Echo Park, especially on a white background. I think this is the first time I've used white cardstock as a background and I really like how it lets the photos really stand out.
My favorite detail is the metal circle I used to highlight the kids' current ages.
I placed the splash sticker and individual circle stickers on pop dots for dimension. I love the tiny alphas from Lily Bee and used them to create a border of words along the top and bottom of the page. I think they make a nice frame for the pictures and add to the journaling.
This layout is copyright twopeasinabucket.com
This Fourth of July layout just might be my last summer layout for a while. I wanted to document the story of the day (the picnic and sparklers) and some of my thoughts on being born American. These little ones are only second generation Americans and I want them to know how special that is and how many sacrifices were made so that could be possible. 

The layout is a mix of My Mind's Eye (paper), Bella Blvd and Pink Paislee embellishments with a touch of October Afternoon. My favorite part is the fabric trim (Mistables by Pink Paislee) that reminds me so much of bunting. 

For a complete list of products in the 4th of July layout, click here.
For a product list of the pool layout, click here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Whew Nancy! Your blog post title scared me for a minute -- "A Final Goodbye"? LOL...I love how you wait patiently for the perfect papers to use with your photos, always include journaling in your layouts. These projects are just fabulous. Thanks for sharing, and CONGRATS on making the Bella DT

    ReplyDelete